Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The media.

I have been keeping up with the Jon&Kate stuff, in the tabloids and stuff, and to me it just seems like the media is trying to turn her into this horrible mother and her husband into this terrible father. I think the problem, is that people, forget that they have done the same things. Like, maybe not cheating on each other, but like, spanking your children or getting angry...or something. It makes me sick to think that so many people make it a point to criticize this family, when they have no idea how they would respond in the same or even a similar situation. Recently, I read the article of her "hitting her child," but how many of you parents out there have hit their children before? Like, even if you had the control not to, you know that it's crossed your mind. It's stupid. Like, my parents spanked me as a child and it was for my own good. It taught me my limits and helped me grow into the person I am. The article had all these shrinks say that it was like child abuse and that the child would have psychological trauma from it..but that makes no sense. What creates the trauma and the high stress situations is the fact that the media is in their lives day in and day out. They never get a break from it.

It just really frustrates me that so many people are so quick to judge the situation and say that Kate is a horrible mother who angers too easily, but let's get our heads on straight, I know for a fact, that all mothers, I don't care who you are get angry. It's a part of life, we all make mistakes, the only difference is that Jon and Kate's mistakes are public and yours are private.

Your argument may be that they chose to be famous, therefore they choose to have people criticize them, but it's still gossip, it's still morally wrong to judge someone for something that happens behind your front door, as well as hers.

1 comment:

Corrine said...

i agree with you!